- Normandy Schools Collaborative
District temporarily shifts certain schools to virtual instruction
Certain Schools Move to Virtual Instruction
Due to the impact COVID-19 is having on school staffing, students and staff at the following buildings will temporarily switch to virtual instruction for Friday, January 7.
- Normandy High School
- Lucas Crossing School Complex
- Normandy Early Learning Center
- Jefferson School
- Bel-Nor School
We will monitor the situation over the weekend and notify families and staff if instruction returns to in-person. Please pay attention to voicemail/email messages from the district for updates.
For virtual instruction, please make sure that your child is logged in to the learning portals and prepared to participate in class at 9:00 a.m. Teachers will lead the class virtually and students will be expected to engage as they would for in-person instruction. Classes will follow the same schedule as in-person instruction.
If you have questions about logging in, please contact your child’s teacher.
We are committed to providing a high-quality education experience for our students and know that the ideal place for that to happen is in our buildings. To help reduce the possible spread of COVID-19 and keep students and staff in buildings, please:
- Wear face masks, especially in groups or around people who may not be vaccinated
- Consider getting a COVID vaccine. Vaccines are available for individuals 5 years and older and are proven to be safe and effective. Vaccines are available at the St. Louis County Department of Health, Affinia Healthcare, local pharmacies, and other healthcare providers.
For more information on how to protect yourself and others, visit the CDC web site: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For information on testing or vaccines, visit the St. Louis County Department of Public Health website: www.revivestl.com
For district information, visit the Normandy website: www.normandysc.org/BeSafeNormandy
Thank you for your cooperation in helping our district stay healthy.