2025 Normandy Schools Collaborative Strategic Plan
- Provide an overview of our organizational diagnostic and audit process
- Highlight the strategic priorities that are included in our strategic plan
- Review plans to monitor our progress
- Next steps and implementation
In spring 2020, the Joint Executive Governing Board and district leadership undertook a systematic audit of the district’s strengths and gaps and collaborated with others to help shape its future.
As we look to the future we know:
We are optimistic that our proposed 2025 strategic plan sets us on a new path of achievement.
- We know from examples across the country that all students can achieve at the highest levels, regardless of background. Students in Chicago, for example, learn 23% more each grade than the average student and nearly 50% more than students in Normandy.
- Information gathered from the detailed organizational diagnostic highlighted critical gaps in Normandy’s work from curriculum, instruction and assessment to talent to operations and finance, but also deep desire for support and change. We know what gaps we need to address.
The district’s new strategy will require additional funding projected at $8 million over the next three years to meaningfully change outcomes for the district’s students.
- $8M is needed over the next three years to fully fund the strategy and an expected revenue shortfall in state and local funding sources puts greater need on other channels for capital.
- Funds can come both from new philanthropy as well as from re-prioritization.
- District leadership will develop
Normandy Schools Collaborative prepares global leaders for college, career and productive citizenship by empowering a community of confident learners and valuing the unique contributions of every student.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Statement
We are committed to interrupting cycles of oppression by investing in strategies that ensure all students achieve at high levels.
Excellence: We strive relentlessly for excellence and take personal accountability for our actions and their impact. We maintain high expectations for all students to achieve at high levels.
Dignity: We walk our talk, acting with integrity and honesty.
Collaboration: We build respectful and restorative relationships that enable us to partner effectively across lines of difference.
Tenacity: We reflect deeply and with curiosity, learn continuously, and persist to meet our goals and conquer our challenges.
Care: We attend to the needs of the whole person, celebrating and loving ourselves and one another as healthy and happy members of the community.
SP 1 - Engaging Environments: Provide safe and engaging learning environments with robust social-emotional wellbeing and trauma-informed supports.
SP 2 - College-Ready Teaching & Learning: Reimagine academic programming, in part by adopting rigorous, relevant, and culturally-responsive curriculum and assessments for consistent use across the district.
SP 3 - Top Talent: Recruit, develop, hold accountable, and retain top talent by supporting social-emotional wellbeing, deepening content knowledge and instructional skill, and launching a value-based culture.
SP 4 - Impactful Partnerships: Strengthen family and community partnerships through tighter coordination and alignment to strategic priorities.
SP 5 - 21st Century Learning Organization: Build a world-class central office that is responsive, nimble, and sustainable.
To see the full plan, click the following link: 2025 Normandy Strategic Plan