Approved Career Education Courses
- Aerospace Engineering
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Business Technology
- Child Development I/II
- Civil Engineering & Architecture
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science I/II
- Design Merchandising
- Early Childhood Professions
- Fashion Design
- Food Science
- Human Body Systems
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Introduction to Fashion
- Marketing I/II
- Medical Intervention
- Personal Finance
- Principles of Biomedical Science
- Professional Chef I/II
- Principles of Engineering
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Supervised Marketing Experience
- Web Design
Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education (CTE) prepares students for the ever-changing world of work, which means not only college readiness, but also career readiness — students with access to postsecondary education and skills attainment possibilities that will prepare them to achieve in the 21st century. With CTE, students have an opportunity to explore the arts, fashion design, culinary, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). CTE offers a unique opportunity to engage students in an enormous variety of subjects, incorporating academic, creative and technical skills, with the specific goal, nowhere else represented in education, of preparing students for all of life that comes after high school.
CTE needs to be an integral part of every student’s education so that all students graduate from high school globally competitive for work, prepared for postsecondary education, and ready for life as positive, contributing members of society in the 21st century
All students at Normandy High School will choose a Career Path. The Normandy Career Pathways are based on Missouri’s six Career Paths, which are used by students of all ages as they begin the journey of career awareness to career exploration to career preparation. The Pathways assist students and educators in tailoring coursework and experiences that will best prepare them for success in their chosen career areas. Students will choose their Career Pathway based on the Missouri Connections Student Interest Survey and meetings with their counselor. Students should use the Career Paths Recommended Programs of Study to develop a Personal Plan of Study with their counselor.
Normandy High School Career Pathways are:
- Engineering (Building & Fixing Path): This path is designed for individuals who are mechanically inclined, practical, like to build things and understand how they function.
- Biomedical Science (Health Path): The path is designed for individuals who like to help others, are interested in new diseases, how the body works and the overall promotion of health and the treatment of diseases.
- Performing Arts: This path is designed for individuals who are creative, imaginative, artistic and innovative with good verbal and writing skills.
- Vocal Music (Creative Path)
- Instrumental Music (Creative Path)
- Entrepreneurship: This path is designed for individuals who are strong at planning goal setting, date management, decision-making and problem solving. It is designed for individuals who are interested in making life better for others in the areas of economic, political and social systems.
- Business &Informational Technology (Business Path)
- Early Childhood (Helping Path)
- Culinary Arts (Helping Path)
- Fashion Design & Merchandising (Helping Path)