Attendance is critical to positive student achievement. We encourage all of our families to ensure students are at school on time every day. Please see the message below from Regina Marsh, Chief Engagement Officer, for attendance tips and resources.
The staff of Normandy School Collaborative are excited to welcome you to a new school year filled with opportunities to learn and engage! We are looking forward to seeing many of you in person.
But we need your help!
Attending school has a huge impact on student success.
We realize some absences are for health or other reasons. But when students are absent 2 or more days a month (or 18 days over the school year) they can fall far behind in what they learn. Excused and unexcused absences both mean missing classroom learning time.
Absences can add up. Missing just two days every month puts students at risk of falling behind.
Some Attendance Tips:
- Make sure your child(ren) keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Turn off all electronics including TVs, phones and tablets at bedtime.
- Make sure clothes and pack backpacks are ready the night before.
- Check with our school nurse or office staff if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home due to illness.
- Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
- Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your child feels anxious about going to school.
- Develop back up plans for getting your student to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your student to school.
Please let us know how we can best support you and your child so that they can show up for school on time, every day.
Normandy Student Support Services