“Providing the building blocks today to aid our students in building tomorrow. With enriched learning thru the power of technology !” - Teri Green
Normandy Schools Collaborative believes that to more effectively prepare students for life in today's 21st Century, they must be engaged and learning at school in the same fashion that they are engaged and learning outside of school. Because technology permeates all aspects of today's society, this means being adaptable to innovation, digitally savvy, and virtually connected.
Providing an accessible technology device to every student (often referred to as "one-to-one," or abbreviated "1:1") is just one of many strategies NSC employs to prepare students for success in today's world. In a 1:1 learning environment, students are provided Chromebooks to facilitate learning beyond NSC's walls during this digital age. Teachers receive continued professional development to equip them better to provide innovative instruction and, consequently, become the beneficiaries of 21st Century education.
Some of the benefits of putting a technology device in the hands of every student include:
- More effective development of 21st Century skills in students
- More equitable digital access amongst students
- More effective student-centered learning activities
- Improved differentiated instruction
- Increased student engagement
- Increased opportunity to effectively utilize online resources
- Better prepared students for typical collegiate learning environments
- Enhanced skills and attitudes related to technology and innovation for staff