Contact tracing is an inquiry process that involves working with an individual (symptomatic and asymptomatic) who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 to identify and provide support to individuals who may have been infected through exposure and deemed at-risk. This process prevents further transmission of disease by separating people who have COVID-19 from people who do not. Deemed at-risk refers to those individuals who have been within 6-feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes. An infected person refers to an individual who has received a laboratory confirmed positive test result.
Contact Tracing Process
School is informed first (students)
- Principal will investigate to determine staff/students deemed at risk
- Nurses, Counselors, Family Engagement Liaisons (FELs) will contact families deemed at risk
- Director of Communications will provide letter for staff/families deemed at risk
- Director of Special Programs will contact health department and/or Affinia & support contact tracing calls
- Custodial staff will clean and disinfect facility
HR is informed first (staff)
- Contact department heads or principal & Director of Special Programs.
- HR/Director of Special Programs will conduct contact tracing inquiry process.
- Director of Special Programs will support contact tracing calls & contact staff deemed at risk.
- Principal, nurses, counselors, FELs will contact families deemed at risk.
- Director of Communications will provide letter for staff/families deemed at risk.
Quarantine means to isolate oneself from others, in this case, to prevent the possibility of spreading COVID-19. The quarantine period starts from the last day you were in close proximity (less than 6 feet) for 15 minutes or more with a person who tested positive. Those individuals deemed at risk will quarantine for 14 days after the last contact date with the person who tested positive.
Student or staff in a classroom
- Principal completes contact tracing inquiry process to determine staff/students at risk.
- Director of Special Programs contacts staff deemed at risk.
- Principal, nurse counselor and/or FELs contact student families deemed at risk to quarantine.
- Director of Communications provides letter for those staff/families deemed at risk.*
- Staff/students may return after 14-day quarantine period.
- Students on quarantine will have access to remote learning.
- Those staff/students who tested positive for COVID-19 can return after being released from doctor’s care.
- Those staff/students who test negative may return after receiving negative test results.
*PLEASE NOTE: Communication is NOT sent to the entire school staff and families.