The Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) offers students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses and interactive online learning that is neither time nor place dependent. Because virtual instruction can be an effective education option for some students, there may be courses available either through a district-provided virtual option or through MOCAP. Please contact your school counselor for more information about virtual learning opportunities.
Student Skills Necessary for Success in Virtual Courses
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignment and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Consideration of the student’s previous success (or struggle) in virtual coursework.
Submit the completed Virtual Course Enrollment Form (2-page PDF) for application to participate (parent/guardian signature required). School administration will review, then either approve or deny. If denied, the school administration will contact the parent/guardian with explanation and information regarding the Family Appeal Document (2-page PDF) process.
Fall Enrollment Deadline: July 31st
Spring Enrollment Deadline: November 15th
Available Virtual Courses Offered in Partnership with Edgenuity and Odysseyware
Students taking courses virtually are subject to district policies, procedures and rules applicable to students enrolled in traditional courses including, but not limited to, the district's discipline code and prohibitions on academic dishonesty, discrimination, harassment, bullying and cyberbullying.
For more information visit the Missouri Course Access Program website: https://mocap.mo.gov/
For more information on Virtual Learning, please review Normandy Board Policy IGCD Virtual Courses