The Transition Begins
On December 1, 2017, the Missouri Board of Education voted unanimously to classify the Normandy Schools Collaborative as a Provisionally Accredited school district, effective January 2, 2018.
With this new classification, the Collaborative is no longer required to participate in the state-mandated student transfer program. However, to minimize disruption for students and their families, Normandy has entered into Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with the receiving school districts of these students. These MOUs vary in some instances, but all the receiving districts agreed to allow students currently participating in the Student Transfer program to remain in place until the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Four school districts will not participate in the Student Transition (formerly Transfer) program after the current school year. Those districts are: Ferguson-Florissant, Hazelwood, Pattonville*, and Ritenour. Students (except for rising seniors) attending these school districts will return to Normandy for the 2018-2019 school year. (*We are awaiting a final decision from Pattonville regarding rising seniors.)
- The other participating receiving districts have agreed to allow students to remain for one additional year. If they are transitioning to another level (e.g., from elementary to middle school), they can remain in the receiving school district until they graduate or move on to the next level (e.g., from middle to high school; or elementary to middle school).
- The Francis Howell School District (FHSD) has also agreed to allow students to remain at their current schools until a natural breakpoint. However, the state law only required Normandy to pay for transportation as an unaccredited school district. Normandy is no longer required to pay for student transportation to FHSD and will stop after the 2017-2018 school year. Normandy will continue to pay for tuition for those students who choose to remain in FHSD.
If your child is participating in the Transfer/Transition program, click on the name of the receiving school district for an overview of the requirements to remain in the program.
- Brentwood, Clayton, Kirkwood, Maplewood-Richmond Heights, Rockwood, Webster Groves, Lindbergh, Parkway, St. Charles R-6, Grand Center Academy, St. Louis Immersion School, St. Louis Public, University City
- Francis Howell School District
- KIPP Academy
- Ladue School District
- Ferguson Florissant, Hazelwood, Pattonville* (Final decision by PSD is pending.)
Click here to view a document containing Frequently Asked Questions about the Transition program.
What's the 'Transition Program'?
The state mandated Student Transfer program ended on January 2, 2018, the effective date of Normandy officially becoming a Provisionally Accredited school district. So now, we are referring to this next phase as a Student Transition Program, allowing students to gradually return to Normandy, or remain in the receiving school district until the natural break point, or graduation. (See overview of agreements for additional information on transition criteria.)
If you have questions regarding the Student Transition (former Transfer) program, please email email@example.com.