Welcome to the Office of Academics & Student Support Services
The Office of Academics and Student Support Services coordinates a network of student/parent services (social, physical, mental health, academic guidance and improving the quality of parent/school cooperation and interactions) to ensure students and families have the needed resources to excel academically.
This section will provide helpful tips and information about our academic offerings as well as social and wrap around services for Normandy students and families. If you have questions, please contact the Academics and Student Support Services staff at 314-493-0419. Listed to the left are a few of the academic and student support options Normandy provides to our students and families. To learn more about these programs, click on the name of the program or service.
Normandy Academic & Student Support Services staff:
- Coordinates application of the Uniform Discipline Code, including long-term suspension and expulsion procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Special Education Laws, the McKinney-Vento Act and Section 504.
- Processes Special Enrollments (foster care, intra-district transfers and employee requests).
- Coordinates enrollments of students residing in non-public residential treatment facilities located within the district.
- Conducts crises intervention for students and their families.
- Coordinates student transitions (elementary to middle, middle to high school, and home school to CASA and return).
- Assists schools and parents to identify specific ways in which to advocate/collaborate within the academic process.
- Develops programs and preventive strategies for those students who may be at risk of academic failure or those who may be behind in their studies.
- Coordinates the Home Visit Project (staff visits homes of students to build relationships that support the student in moving towards academic excellence).
- Coordinates hotline reports to the Department of Children Services and the return of students to school that have been in juvenile detention or other correctional facilities.
Tina Clark-Scott, 314-493-0419
Assistant Superintendent of Academics and Support Services
Angela Harden, 314-493-0419
Evelyn Bond, 314-493-0456
Michelle Gaskin, 314-493-0454
Family Engagement Specialist
Christine A. Bounds,
Student Information Specialist